Long Island News
Nearly 800 snakes found in garage of Long Island home
SHIRLEY, New York (WABC) -- Close to 800 snakes were found inside the garage of a Shirley home on Long Island.
The snakes were found inside the Auborn Avenue home earlier Thursday afternoon.
The SPCA was called in today but there's really not much they can do.
"The building appears to be secure, it was clean, the animals appear to be in good health," said Roy Gross with the SPCA.
Town officials say Parinello has been selling the snakes online.
The license plates on the cars outside his home speak to his trade.
The town of Brookhaven's deputy attorney says the only snakes Parinello has that are illegal were the Burmese pythons.
Everything else is legal and well cared for.
Operating the business though he says is against town code.
"If we need to take the next step to remove the snakes from the premises we will certainly do that unless he wants to come in and cooperate with," said David Moron.
The pythons were taken to a reptile sanctuary in Massachusetts. Parinello lives at home with his wife and 10-year-old son.
He didn't want to speak to media members.
long island news, long island, long island news
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor-elect de Blasio announces first appointments 1 min ago
- Most Metro-North service resumes on Hudson Line
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park 10 min ago
- Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in crash
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem missing 17 min ago
- Prospect Park Zoo welcomes two new Zebus 22 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls to be released Wednesday
- 'Fast & Furious 7' halted after Paul Walker's death
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
6 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos