Long Island News
Nearly 800 snakes found in garage of Long Island home
SHIRLEY, New York (WABC) -- Close to 800 snakes were found inside the garage of a Shirley home on Long Island.
The snakes were found inside the Auborn Avenue home earlier Thursday afternoon.
The SPCA was called in today but there's really not much they can do.
"The building appears to be secure, it was clean, the animals appear to be in good health," said Roy Gross with the SPCA.
Town officials say Parinello has been selling the snakes online.
The license plates on the cars outside his home speak to his trade.
The town of Brookhaven's deputy attorney says the only snakes Parinello has that are illegal were the Burmese pythons.
Everything else is legal and well cared for.
Operating the business though he says is against town code.
"If we need to take the next step to remove the snakes from the premises we will certainly do that unless he wants to come in and cooperate with," said David Moron.
The pythons were taken to a reptile sanctuary in Massachusetts. Parinello lives at home with his wife and 10-year-old son.
He didn't want to speak to media members.
long island news, long island, long island news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013