Long Island News
Glen Head plant nursery grew marijuana, police say
GLEN HEAD (WABC) -- Police on Long Island say they have uncovered a large marijuana growing operation on a plant nursery.
Officers responded to reports of suspicious activity at Old Brookville Nurseries in Glen Head at about 10:00 on Friday night.
Police say K9 units found Bryan Zembreski and Anthony Donarummo hiding in the woods with four large bags of marijuana. They also found a marijuana farm containing plants between 12 and 15 feet high.
Investigators say they do not think that the owners of the nursery were aware of the illegal activity on the property.
long island news, long island, marijuana, drug, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos