Long Island News
Long Island man accused of setting occupied bar on fire
OCEANSIDE -- A Long Island a man is charged with setting a fire behind a bar while about a dozen people were inside.
No injuries were reported.
Nassau County police say Alec Sapounas, of Oceanside, was arrested Thursday evening on charges of reckless endangerment and arson.
The fire occurred on September 17 at Phat Daddy's Bar in Oceanside.
Police allege Sapounas threw an accelerant from a container toward the rear door of the bar and ignited it, causing a large fire.
The back door of the bar was open at the time.
long island news, long island, oceanside, arson, long island news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 12 min ago
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at...
12 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos