Long Island News
Long Island man accused of setting occupied bar on fire
OCEANSIDE -- A Long Island a man is charged with setting a fire behind a bar while about a dozen people were inside.
No injuries were reported.
Nassau County police say Alec Sapounas, of Oceanside, was arrested Thursday evening on charges of reckless endangerment and arson.
The fire occurred on September 17 at Phat Daddy's Bar in Oceanside.
Police allege Sapounas threw an accelerant from a container toward the rear door of the bar and ignited it, causing a large fire.
The back door of the bar was open at the time.
long island news, long island, oceanside, arson, long island news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 33 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 33 min ago
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later 31 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
53 min ago