Long Island News
Long Island man accused of setting occupied bar on fire
OCEANSIDE -- A Long Island a man is charged with setting a fire behind a bar while about a dozen people were inside.
No injuries were reported.
Nassau County police say Alec Sapounas, of Oceanside, was arrested Thursday evening on charges of reckless endangerment and arson.
The fire occurred on September 17 at Phat Daddy's Bar in Oceanside.
Police allege Sapounas threw an accelerant from a container toward the rear door of the bar and ignited it, causing a large fire.
The back door of the bar was open at the time.
long island news, long island, oceanside, arson, long island news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 2 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
2 min ago