Long Island News
Singer found dead in Long Island parking lot was murdered, police say
OYSTER BAY (WABC) -- Police say the death of 59-year old Saundra Simonee, an accomplished soprano found dead last Friday, is being considered a homicide.
Simonee's body had been dumped in a parking lot in a Bay Shore apartment complex. The performer lived on the North Shore in East Norwich.
It took Suffolk County Police several days to identify the victim. According to Simonee's own website, she modeled in her youth, sang all her life, and earned a PhD. Friends say she also taught cosmetology.
At St. Dominic's Roman Catholic church in Oyster Bay, Simonee's voice was one to remember as she filled the sanctuary every week with her gift.
Homicide investigators are still working to figure out who killed Simonee and why.
Eyewitness News is told the victim, a single mother and grandmother, was devoted to her family.
Police have not released the exact cause of death, but investigators say foul play was involved.
long island news, long island, oyster bay, bay shore, long island news, lucy yang
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 19 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 57 min ago
- NY lawmakers to announce legislation preventing bridge tolls
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing 24 min ago
- Budget bill heads to the Senate
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees