Long Island News
North Amityville accident kills infant in stroller
NORTH AMITYVILLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- An accident in North Amityville Saturday night claimed the life of an infant in a stroller that was being pushed by her pregnant mother.
Police say 29-year old Yancy Arevalo was walking eastbound across Route 110 just south of Nathalie Avenue, pushing a stroller with her 10-month-old daughter, Britney Arevalo, inside when they were struck by a 1998 Chevrolet pickup truck heading north on Route 110 at about 7:00 p.m.
Arevalo and her child were taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip where the infant died from her injuries early Sunday morning.
Arevalo suffered only minor injuries, but she is being held for observation because she is pregnant.
The driver of the pickup, Arthur Plowden, 46, of North Amityville was not injured. His vehicle was impounded for safety checks.
The investigation is continuing.
long island news, long island, north amityville, accident, long island news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday 2 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New York City issues snow alert 49 min ago
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday 23 min ago
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 46 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- JFK customs seize cocaine in hair care products 32 min ago
- NY lawmakers to announce legislation preventing bridge tolls
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing 9 min ago
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
2 min ago