Long Island News
East Setauket murder suspect nabbed in Tennessee
EAST SETAUKET, N.Y. (WABC) -- A man being sought for questioning in connection with a fatal Long Island shooting was picked up by U.S. Marshals in Tennessee Wednesday.
Police say 45-year-old Brett Knight was located in a house on Creswell Road in Sevier County around 8:30 a.m.
Knight is being held on an extradition warrant in New York. The details of the warrant were not immediately known.
Knight was connected by Suffolk County detectives to Ross Reisner, who was fatally shot in his East Setauket home on September 24. He was hit by a shot filed through the window.
The 50-year-old Reisner was a fixture in Eastern Suffolk County's equestrian community. Knight was believed to be a former tenant.
Reisner and his longtime domestic partner, Kevin Murray, who was grazed by one of the bullets, filed a harassment complaint against Knight last month.
The September 24 shooting spurred a nationwide search for Knight, who had purchased a motorcycle and was said to be traveling throughout the country. Knight was considered armed, volatile and extremely dangerous.
long island news, long island, east setauket, shooting, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos