Long Island News
Mineola man pleads guilty to his 12th DWI
MINEOLA, New York -- Make that an even dozen for a New York driver convicted of drunken driving.
Nassau County prosecutors say 51-year-old Sean Crane pleaded guilty Thursday to DWI and other charges. It was his 12th such conviction since 1981.
District Attorney Kathleen Rice says the latest conviction stems from an accident in May 2012. She says in that crash, Crane struck and injured a 76-year-old Merrick woman who was walking south across a roadway while holding hands with her 78-year-old husband.
Crane faces up to 14 years in prison when he is sentenced on Dec. 6.
Of Crane's 12 drunken driving convictions since 1981, six came in Nassau County and six in neighboring Suffolk County. Rice said he has previously served two sentences in upstate prisons on felony convictions in those cases.
long island news, long island, mineola, drunk driving, dwi, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos