Long Island News
Man dies after struggle with police at Long Island hospital
KINGS PARK (WABC) -- A man has died after a struggle with police at a Long Island hospital.
60-year old Lawrence Ports of Kings Park was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital Sept. 24th, after police responded to his home following reports that he was acting irrationally.
While at the hospital, Suffolk County Police say Ports became combative and attempted to flee from the officers.
According to authorities, the officers restrained Ports, and during the incident Ports suffered a head injury.
He was treated at the hospital, but his condition deteriorated and he was pronounced dead on Friday.
Suffolk County Police continue their investigation into the incident.
An autopsy is being conducted by the Suffolk County Medical Examiner's Office.
long island news, long island, police, hospital, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ