Long Island News
Motorcycle riders arrested for reckless driving on Long Island Expressway
FARMINGVILLE, New York (WABC) -- Suffolk police arrested seven bikers for allegedly driving recklessly on the eastbound Long Island Expressway.
Two motorists called 911 to report the motorcyclists weaving in and out of traffic and speeding on the eastbound Long Island Expressway near Exit 49 at approximately noon.Police say a Highway Patrol officer responded and followed the group for approximately 10 exits and witnessed the motorcyclists driving recklessly. When the group approached Exit 63 and traffic slowed, a second Highway Patrol car pulled out in front of the group and all seven motorcyclists pulled over to the right shoulder.
The following seven people were charged with Reckless Driving, a misdemeanor, and other vehicle and traffic law violations.
long island news, long island, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt 36 min ago
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams