Long Island News
Long Island truck driver rescues man from burning crash
BRENTWOOD (WABC) -- Police say a man who was driving while intoxicated on Long Island was rescued by a Good Samaritan after he crashed into a tree.
According to investigators, 37-year old John Boisseau of Sound Beach was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer eastbound on the Long Island Expressway when he lost control of his vehicle, veered off the road and struck a tree near exit 55 in Brentwood at about 2 a.m. Friday.
Boisseau was ejected from the vehicle and landed beneath it.
Alex Mitchell, a truck driver who was also traveling eastbound, saw the crash, pulled over and moved Boisseau away from the Chevrolet just before it caught on fire.
The vehicle became fully engulfed and was extinguished by the East Brentwood Fire Department.
Mitchell, 37, of Ozone Park, was not injured.
Boisseau was transported to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries. He was arrested and charged with Driving While Intoxicated.
PHOTOS FROM SCENE: http://7ny.tv/1ew0DYg
long island news, long island, brentwood, drunk driving, long island news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard 5 min ago
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court 56 min ago
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
18 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying...
5 min ago