Long Island News
Long Island truck driver rescues man from burning crash
BRENTWOOD (WABC) -- Police say a man who was driving while intoxicated on Long Island was rescued by a Good Samaritan after he crashed into a tree.
According to investigators, 37-year old John Boisseau of Sound Beach was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer eastbound on the Long Island Expressway when he lost control of his vehicle, veered off the road and struck a tree near exit 55 in Brentwood at about 2 a.m. Friday.
Boisseau was ejected from the vehicle and landed beneath it.
Alex Mitchell, a truck driver who was also traveling eastbound, saw the crash, pulled over and moved Boisseau away from the Chevrolet just before it caught on fire.
The vehicle became fully engulfed and was extinguished by the East Brentwood Fire Department.
Mitchell, 37, of Ozone Park, was not injured.
Boisseau was transported to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries. He was arrested and charged with Driving While Intoxicated.
PHOTOS FROM SCENE: http://7ny.tv/1ew0DYg
long island news, long island, brentwood, drunk driving, long island news
- 90-minute delays linger after LIRR service suspension 4 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash 40 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera 59 min ago
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody 22 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat 43 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures