Long Island News
Long Island truck driver rescues man from burning crash
BRENTWOOD (WABC) -- Police say a man who was driving while intoxicated on Long Island was rescued by a Good Samaritan after he crashed into a tree.
According to investigators, 37-year old John Boisseau of Sound Beach was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer eastbound on the Long Island Expressway when he lost control of his vehicle, veered off the road and struck a tree near exit 55 in Brentwood at about 2 a.m. Friday.
Boisseau was ejected from the vehicle and landed beneath it.
Alex Mitchell, a truck driver who was also traveling eastbound, saw the crash, pulled over and moved Boisseau away from the Chevrolet just before it caught on fire.
The vehicle became fully engulfed and was extinguished by the East Brentwood Fire Department.
Mitchell, 37, of Ozone Park, was not injured.
Boisseau was transported to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries. He was arrested and charged with Driving While Intoxicated.
PHOTOS FROM SCENE: http://7ny.tv/1ew0DYg
long island news, long island, brentwood, drunk driving, long island news
- House fire in New Brunswick 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 1 min ago
- George Washington Bridge reopens for morning commute 44 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- George Washington Bridge reopens for...
44 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent...
1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
31 min ago