Long Island News
Long Island truck driver rescues man from burning crash
BRENTWOOD (WABC) -- Police say a man who was driving while intoxicated on Long Island was rescued by a Good Samaritan after he crashed into a tree.
According to investigators, 37-year old John Boisseau of Sound Beach was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer eastbound on the Long Island Expressway when he lost control of his vehicle, veered off the road and struck a tree near exit 55 in Brentwood at about 2 a.m. Friday.
Boisseau was ejected from the vehicle and landed beneath it.
Alex Mitchell, a truck driver who was also traveling eastbound, saw the crash, pulled over and moved Boisseau away from the Chevrolet just before it caught on fire.
The vehicle became fully engulfed and was extinguished by the East Brentwood Fire Department.
Mitchell, 37, of Ozone Park, was not injured.
Boisseau was transported to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries. He was arrested and charged with Driving While Intoxicated.
PHOTOS FROM SCENE: http://7ny.tv/1ew0DYg
long island news, long island, brentwood, drunk driving, long island news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey 59 min ago
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 14 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 28 min ago
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show 5 min ago
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in...
59 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos