Long Island News
Hempstead officer hurt by concrete thrown by homeless man
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (WABC) -- A police officer in Nassau County is being treated at the hospital, after authorities say a homeless man threw a chunk of concrete, and struck him in the face.
It happpened at around midnight Friday when the Hempstead officer entered a McDonalds on Peninsula Blvd. and removed the man who was causing a disturbance.
Police say the officer re-entered the store and after exiting a second time the man hit him in the head with a piece of cement.
The defendant Oscar Guerra, 26, was arrested at the scene.
The officer was transported to a local hospital where he was admitted in stable condition.
Guerra is being charged with Assault 2nd Degree and Criminal Mischief 3rd Degree.
long island news, long island, hempstead, police officer injured, long island news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam 54 min ago
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 55 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 13 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day...
51 min ago
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
54 min ago
- Man who took video explains high school fued
46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos