Long Island News
Suffolk County school crossing guard charged with driving while intoxicated
BLUE POINT (WABC) -- A school crossing guard in Suffolk County was arraigned Thursday after being charged with driving while intoxicated.
Joanne Griffiths was arrested in the parking lot of Waldbaums on 440 South Sunrise Service Road in Patchogue on Wednesday.
Griffiths, 58, had just finished her morning shift at Montauk Highway and Bell Avenue in Blue Point.
Officers first responded to the parking lot after receiving a 911 call of a possible drunk driver
Griffiths pleaded not guilty.
Neighbors say there was never any indication she had a drinking problem and describe her as a caring person.
long island news, long island, suffolk county news, drunk driving, dwi, patchogue, long island news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Company insider comes forward against energy company 50 min ago
- Photos: NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays
- Suspect accused of setting Brooklyn apartment fire 22 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Earthquake shakes Los Angeles awake
- Tuesday last day to apply for TCS NYC Marathon 31 min ago
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold
58 min ago