Long Island News
Syosset man accused of robbing clerk who entered wrong lotto numbers
SYOSSET (WABC) -- A Long Island man is under arrest after authorities say he threatened and robbed a clerk who had entered wrong lotto numbers.
Nassau County Police say 43-year old Michael Sullo entered the Food Express on Jericho Turnpike Friday night and produced losing lotto tickets to the male clerk demanding to be paid.
Sullo is a regular customer who plays the same number every day, which came out that day.
The 27-year old clerk had mistakenly entered the wrong numbers in the computer that morning.
After offering to pay half, the clerk left the store and left the parking lot in his vehicle.
Police say Sullo, who was unsatisfied with the offer, followed the victim in his car, causing the victim to pull over.
Sullo allegedly produced a box cutter and demanded full payment.
The victim complied, sending the suspect back to the store to collect his money.
Investigators say Sullo went back to the store, collected $250, and fled in his vehicle, but was arrested about a half hour later.
Sullo is charged with Robbery 1st degree and Criminal Possession of a Weapon 4th degree.
long island news, long island, syosset, robbery, long island news
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust'
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon