Long Island News
Syosset man accused of robbing clerk who entered wrong lotto numbers
SYOSSET (WABC) -- A Long Island man is under arrest after authorities say he threatened and robbed a clerk who had entered wrong lotto numbers.
Nassau County Police say 43-year old Michael Sullo entered the Food Express on Jericho Turnpike Friday night and produced losing lotto tickets to the male clerk demanding to be paid.
Sullo is a regular customer who plays the same number every day, which came out that day.
The 27-year old clerk had mistakenly entered the wrong numbers in the computer that morning.
After offering to pay half, the clerk left the store and left the parking lot in his vehicle.
Police say Sullo, who was unsatisfied with the offer, followed the victim in his car, causing the victim to pull over.
Sullo allegedly produced a box cutter and demanded full payment.
The victim complied, sending the suspect back to the store to collect his money.
Investigators say Sullo went back to the store, collected $250, and fled in his vehicle, but was arrested about a half hour later.
Sullo is charged with Robbery 1st degree and Criminal Possession of a Weapon 4th degree.
long island news, long island, syosset, robbery, long island news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 31 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 42 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos