Long Island News
Medford man accused of leaving infant home alone
MEDFORD (WABC) -- A Medford man is facing child endangerment charges after police say he left his 13-month old son alone in his apartment.
Suffolk County Police responded to a 911 call of an infant crying Sunday afternoon at a house on Little Treasure Drive.
When officers arrived, they heard the cries of a child coming from the basement apartment of the multi-dwelling house.
After realizing that the apartment was empty, officers forced their way into the apartment. In one of the bedrooms officers found a crying 13-month-old boy alone in a crib.
Officer Dena Miceli and a neighbor cared for the boy until the boy's mother responded and took custody of the child.
Officers discovered that the boy's father, Kelly Voss, 44, had been entrusted with the boy's care during a scheduled weekend visitation. Voss returned to the apartment about forty minutes after officers arrived and was arrested.
Voss was charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
long island news, long island, medford, child endangerment, long island news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park