Long Island News
Medford man accused of leaving infant home alone
MEDFORD (WABC) -- A Medford man is facing child endangerment charges after police say he left his 13-month old son alone in his apartment.
Suffolk County Police responded to a 911 call of an infant crying Sunday afternoon at a house on Little Treasure Drive.
When officers arrived, they heard the cries of a child coming from the basement apartment of the multi-dwelling house.
After realizing that the apartment was empty, officers forced their way into the apartment. In one of the bedrooms officers found a crying 13-month-old boy alone in a crib.
Officer Dena Miceli and a neighbor cared for the boy until the boy's mother responded and took custody of the child.
Officers discovered that the boy's father, Kelly Voss, 44, had been entrusted with the boy's care during a scheduled weekend visitation. Voss returned to the apartment about forty minutes after officers arrived and was arrested.
Voss was charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
long island news, long island, medford, child endangerment, long island news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos