Long Island News
Fetus found in Long Island recycling center stillborn, police say
LAWRENCE (WABC) -- Nassau County Police say a fetus found last week on a conveyor belt in a recycling center was born deceased.
The conclusion was based on an autopsy conducted by the Medical Examiner.
The discovery was made at the Sanitary District 1 Recycling Center on Bay Boulevard just after 2:20 p.m. Oct. 22nd.
Police are not sure how old the female fetus was.
It still had an umbilical cord attached.
It's not clear how it got there, who the mother is, or if it is a case of an abandoned baby.
long island news, long island, abandoned baby, lawrence, long island news
- Missing Malaysia jet may have turned back 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt 16 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
12 min ago