Long Island News
Fetus found in Long Island recycling center stillborn, police say
LAWRENCE (WABC) -- Nassau County Police say a fetus found last week on a conveyor belt in a recycling center was born deceased.
The conclusion was based on an autopsy conducted by the Medical Examiner.
The discovery was made at the Sanitary District 1 Recycling Center on Bay Boulevard just after 2:20 p.m. Oct. 22nd.
Police are not sure how old the female fetus was.
It still had an umbilical cord attached.
It's not clear how it got there, who the mother is, or if it is a case of an abandoned baby.
long island news, long island, abandoned baby, lawrence, long island news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 59 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 40 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
40 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
59 min ago