Long Island News
Long Island woman accused of stealing thousands from supermarket
NEW CASSEL (WABC) -- A Long Island woman is charged with stealing tens of thousands of dollars from the supermarket where she worked.
Police say 21-year-old Falone Volcy, of Westbury, used a manager's void code to steal more than $47,000 from her register at a Super Associated Supermarket in New Cassel.
Investigators say the scheme lasted six months.
Volcy was placed under arrest without incident at the supermarket.
She is charged with grand larceny, identity theft and falsifying business records.
long island news, long island, long island news
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'