Long Island News
Police: Long Island man kills girlfriend, commits suicide
NORTH AMITYVILLE, N.Y. -- Police say a Long Island man distraught over the breakup with his girlfriend stabbed her to death, then killed himself.
Suffolk County police responded to the murder-suicide in North Amityville after getting a 911 call Saturday just before 10 p.m. that a man was attacking a woman.
Officers found 32-year-old Virginia Vasquez and her 35-year-old boyfriend Stephen Guillaume (ghee-OHM') dead in the doorway of their home.
Police say Vasquez's 14-year-old daughter tried to help her mother and was cut on the hand. The woman's 4-year-old son was not harmed.
long island news, long island, north amityville, murder suicide, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 9 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
9 min ago