Long Island News
Suffolk County serial robber strikes for 9th time
MATTITUCK (WABC) -- A man police believe has robbed at least nine stores in Suffolk County struck again Thursday.
The latest incident happened around 5 p.m. at a GameStop store in Mattituck.
Police say the suspect may have been banking on a lot of cash being on hand due to the overnight released of the latest Call of Duty game.
He fled with under $1,000 in a jeep that has been seen at other robberies connected to the suspect.
No injuries were reported.
Police say that over the past two weeks, the man has entered eight other establishments and pretended to purchase an item.
When the employee opens the cash register, the man displays a black handgun and demands cash.
The suspect then flees the location.
The other robberies occurred at seven gas stations located in Eastport, Calverton, Mastic, North Babylon, St. James, Dix Hills and Bohemia, as well as at Jamba Juice in Stony Brook. No one was injured during any of the robberies.
The suspect is described as a white man, between 25 and 35 years old, approximately 5-foot-10 to 6-foot-2 with a thin to medium build. He usually wears a dark-colored or gray hooded sweatshirt.
Detectives are asking anyone with information on these robberies or if anyone recognizes the suspect in the attached photo to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.
long island news, long island, suffolk county news, robbery, long island news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
36 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos