Long Island News
Slain Nassau County police officer honored
MASSAPEQUA PARK (WABC) -- A ceremony was held on Long Island Saturday to honor a Nassau County police officer killed in the line of duty.
Officer Geoffrey Breitkopf was mistakenly shot and killed by an MTA officer while responding to a scene in March 2011.
The police union unveiled a bronze plaque dedicated to Officer Breitkopf at the corner of Clark Boulevard and Front Street in Massapequa Park.
The plaque was made by the members of local Boy Scout troops.
The Breitkopf family, many members of the Nassau County Police Department, the departmental Ceremonial Unit, Color Guard and Pipe Band were all in attendance.
long island news, long island, massapequa park, officer killed, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 19 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations 13 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos