Long Island News
Slain Nassau County police officer honored
MASSAPEQUA PARK (WABC) -- A ceremony was held on Long Island Saturday to honor a Nassau County police officer killed in the line of duty.
Officer Geoffrey Breitkopf was mistakenly shot and killed by an MTA officer while responding to a scene in March 2011.
The police union unveiled a bronze plaque dedicated to Officer Breitkopf at the corner of Clark Boulevard and Front Street in Massapequa Park.
The plaque was made by the members of local Boy Scout troops.
The Breitkopf family, many members of the Nassau County Police Department, the departmental Ceremonial Unit, Color Guard and Pipe Band were all in attendance.
long island news, long island, massapequa park, officer killed, long island news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 49 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...