Long Island News
John "Junior" Gotti stabbed in Syosset parking lot
SYOSSET (WABC) -- John "Junior" Gotti was treated at the hospital after a stabbing in the parking lot of the CVS in Syosset, Long Island Sunday night.
Officials at Syosset Hospital called 911 at 9:45 p.m. to report they were treating a victim of a stabbing to Nassau County police.
But when police arrived, Gotti, the former boss of the Gambino crime family. was uncooperative and refused to assist police in their investigation.
Gotti transported himself to Syosset Hospital, and was then transferred to North Shore University Hospital for further treatment.
He has since been treated and released for his injuries.
"The Nassau County District Attorney's office can confirm they are investigating, in conjunction with Nassau County Police, an alleged stabbing of John "Junior" Gotti," a spokesman for the district attorney's office said.
Gotti said he was hurt while trying to break up an argument between two strangers in the store parking lot.
A law enforcement source tells ABC News that Gotti sustained a stomach injury.
Detectives are collecting security camera video from the scene.
Gotti says he quit the mob in 1999, claiming he'd had enough of being a gangster and wanted to focus on being a father.
long island news, long island, john gotti jr., stabbing, syosset, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ