Long Island News
Huntington Station fire claims lives of mother, daughter
HUNTINGTON STATION (WABC) -- A mother and daughter were killed in a house fire in Huntington Station overnight Friday.
The victims, identified as 64-year-old Reyna Paris and her 29-year-old Rosemarie Martinez, were trapped inside the home on 4th Avenue when the flames broke out just before 11:45 p.m. Thursday.
They were pulled from the house and rushed in cardiac arrest to Huntington Hospital, and hospital officials said they were pronounced dead shortly after their arrival.
Ana Corporan says her sister, Reyna, dedicated her life to her daughter. Rosemarie suffered from Downs syndrome.
"We were going to go today to Great Neck today to bring her daughter to the doctor," Corporan said.
Officials say her 28-year-old son, Joseph Martinez, was able to escape out of a basement window. He is recovering at Huntington hospital and is ok.
It's unclear how the fire started and investigators say they're having a tough time figuring it out because of the clutter throughout the house, blocking doors and hallways
long island news, long island, huntington, fire, deadly fire, long island news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 26 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze 26 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash 14 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
27 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex...
26 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
12 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
26 min ago