Long Island News
Cops: Drunk Long Island driver hit school bus, car
BRENTWOOD (WABC) -- An East Islip man is under arrest after police say he crashed into a school bus in Brentwood, fled the scene and then crashed into a pregnant woman's vehicle a short distance away.
Kyle Norton allegedly hit the rear of a school bus with six children in it on Broadway and Dolce Street at 3:34 p.m Friday.
According to police, Norton, driving a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer, then fled the scene and crashed into a 2004 Mercury, being driven by a pregnant woman with two children in the car, at Alkier Street and Gibson Avenue at 3:36 p.m.
Four children on the school bus and the woman and her two children were transported to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore for treatment of minor injuries. All have been released. Norton was not injured.
Two Good Samaritans followed Norton after the first crash and called police.
Norton, 37, was charged with DWI, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, Aggravated Unlicensed of a Motor Vehicle 3rd Degree, and Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th Degree. Motor Carrier is conducting a safety check for the school bus.
long island news, long island, brentwood, dwi, drunk driving, long island news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- 3-year-old boy gets stuck in Nebraska claw machine
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos