Long Island News
Wyandanch thieves steal donations meant for sick girl
WYANDANCH (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are looking for two men accused of stealing donations for a young girl from a business.
The incident happened at Wyandanch Beer Co. on Long Island Avenue in Suffolk County around 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
Surveillance video shows one of the men moves a smaller jar out of the way while the other man grabbed a larger jar and put it under his hoodie.
The donations, which totaled between $30 and $40, were meant to help a 12-year-old girl with a life-threatening disability.
The suspect was described as a heavy-set, dark-skinned black male, approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
long island news, long island, suffolk county news, robbery, long island news
- At least 2 dead, 18 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 2 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 34 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 38 min ago
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase 38 min ago