Long Island News
Wyandanch thieves steal donations meant for sick girl
WYANDANCH (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are looking for two men accused of stealing donations for a young girl from a business.
The incident happened at Wyandanch Beer Co. on Long Island Avenue in Suffolk County around 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
Surveillance video shows one of the men moves a smaller jar out of the way while the other man grabbed a larger jar and put it under his hoodie.
The donations, which totaled between $30 and $40, were meant to help a 12-year-old girl with a life-threatening disability.
The suspect was described as a heavy-set, dark-skinned black male, approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
long island news, long island, suffolk county news, robbery, long island news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo 54 min ago
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 16 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos