Long Island News
Wyandanch thieves steal donations meant for sick girl
WYANDANCH (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are looking for two men accused of stealing donations for a young girl from a business.
The incident happened at Wyandanch Beer Co. on Long Island Avenue in Suffolk County around 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
Surveillance video shows one of the men moves a smaller jar out of the way while the other man grabbed a larger jar and put it under his hoodie.
The donations, which totaled between $30 and $40, were meant to help a 12-year-old girl with a life-threatening disability.
The suspect was described as a heavy-set, dark-skinned black male, approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
long island news, long island, suffolk county news, robbery, long island news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey 9 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 30 min ago
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 27 min ago
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos