Long Island News
Dina Lohan back in Long Island court on DWI charge
NASSAU COUNTY (WABC) -- Lindsay Lohan's mother was back in Long Island court Thursday in connection with her drunk driving arrest.
Dina Lohan, 50, was arrested in September after she was pulled over for speeding on the Northern State Parkway.
Police say her blood-alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit.
Her attorney says the media is to blame for the incident.
Reading from a report he said was written by a court appointed evaluator, attorney Mark Jay Heller cited stress as the reason for the incident.
"The circumstances leading to Dina's arrest were largely impacted by ongoing daily stresses caused by you folks, the paparazzi, media attention and distorted tabloid character profiles," Heller read from the report. "After meeting Dina and her family and witnessing the care, compassion and concern shared between family members, it is my hope that the courts will take the circumstances and challenges of Dina's lifestyle under consideration in prosecuting this case."
Lohan was issued tickets for DWI and speeding in the incident. She pleaded not guilty in September and was released with a suspended license and without bail.
long island news, long island, drunk driving, long island news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 17 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store
- Man found alive in body bag dies weeks later 48 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead
47 min ago