Long Island News
Man charged in 2011 murder of Islip teenager
RIVERHEAD -- A former high school classmate of a New York teenager found dead in a marsh near his Long Island home two years ago has been charged with murder.
Prosecutors arraigned 21-year-old Thomas Liming on Friday in the death of 18-year-old Kyle Underhill. Liming was held on $5 million cash bail or $15 million bond.
Prosecutors didn't reveal a motive. They said the Islip (EYE'-slihp) teen was found days after his parents reported him missing in a remote area behind an elementary school. They said he'd been beaten.
Defense attorney Joseph Corozzo told Newsday Liming didn't commit a crime and will be acquitted. He said there's a lot more to the story.
Liming surrendered to authorities Friday. Corozzo said in court Liming's known he was a suspect in the case.
long island news, long island, islip, murder, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos