Long Island News
Man charged in 2011 murder of Islip teenager
RIVERHEAD -- A former high school classmate of a New York teenager found dead in a marsh near his Long Island home two years ago has been charged with murder.
Prosecutors arraigned 21-year-old Thomas Liming on Friday in the death of 18-year-old Kyle Underhill. Liming was held on $5 million cash bail or $15 million bond.
Prosecutors didn't reveal a motive. They said the Islip (EYE'-slihp) teen was found days after his parents reported him missing in a remote area behind an elementary school. They said he'd been beaten.
Defense attorney Joseph Corozzo told Newsday Liming didn't commit a crime and will be acquitted. He said there's a lot more to the story.
Liming surrendered to authorities Friday. Corozzo said in court Liming's known he was a suspect in the case.
long island news, long island, islip, murder, long island news
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 49 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 23 min ago
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 19 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident 53 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes 11 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 55 min ago
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 6 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
2 min ago
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
49 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
55 min ago