Long Island News
Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
MORICHES (WABC) -- A small boat crashed into a dock in front of a waterfront home in Moriches, Long Island Wednesday morning, injuring three fishermen.
The boat, a 31 foot Contender, crashed into the bulkhead of a waterfront property of a Crystal Beach Boulevard home just after 5:30 a.m.
Two of the three men on board were tossed into the water.
One of them, a 57 year old from Southampton, stayed on the boat. He sustained the most serious injury, to his back. He was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital, along with a 41 year old from Center Moriches.
A third man, a 36 year old also from Center Moriches, declined treatment at the scene.
The 41 year old operator of the boat apparently lost control lost in the area of Old Neck Creek.
The cause of the crash is under investigation. Alcohol does not appear to be a factor.
long island news, long island, moriches, boating accident, long island news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97