Long Island News
Man shot to death in Valley Stream
VALLEY STREAM, N.Y. (WABC) -- On a normally quiet, well-kept block in Valley Stream, police on Long Island spent hours Monday night piecing together a murder.
A man was gunned down on the sidewalk on Charles Street. Neighbor Howard Campbell heard the whole thing.
"I heard two gunshots. A few moments after that a car came screaming down past my house. Then, I heard someone screaming, down where I'd heard the shots," Campbell said.
That car wound up a few blocks away on Linden Blvd. in Elmont where it wound up crashing into another car.
What is not clear is whether the second car was involved in the crime.
Police escorted a young child from it, into a waiting ambulance.
They also appeared to place at least one man under arrest.
"It's a very troubling situation to be hearing gunshots in your neighborhood," Campbell said.
long island news, long island, valley stream, shooting, long island news, josh einiger
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 31 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
36 min ago