Long Island News
Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
NEW YORK (WABC) -- In this dangerously cold weather, there are fears that a missing Long Island teen who is bipolar may be out in the elements.
Suffolk County Police say 17-year old Melissa Didaniele left her home in East Northport on December 2nd.
She was last seen in Central Park on Friday.
Her family says she may be suffering from her bipolar disorder and might not seek shelter from the cold weather.
Didaniele is described as a white female with short dark hair, blue eyes and a lip ring. She is 5 feet tall and weighs 110 pounds. She was last seen wearing black pants, a green coat, a multi colored beanie hat and a black backpack. She may or may not be wearing non-prescription glasses that have a black frame.
Detectives are asking anyone with information on her whereabouts to call the Second Squad at 631-854-8252.
long island news, long island, missing person, long island news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash