Long Island News
Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
NEW YORK (WABC) -- In this dangerously cold weather, there are fears that a missing Long Island teen who is bipolar may be out in the elements.
Suffolk County Police say 17-year old Melissa Didaniele left her home in East Northport on December 2nd.
She was last seen in Central Park on Friday.
Her family says she may be suffering from her bipolar disorder and might not seek shelter from the cold weather.
Didaniele is described as a white female with short dark hair, blue eyes and a lip ring. She is 5 feet tall and weighs 110 pounds. She was last seen wearing black pants, a green coat, a multi colored beanie hat and a black backpack. She may or may not be wearing non-prescription glasses that have a black frame.
Detectives are asking anyone with information on her whereabouts to call the Second Squad at 631-854-8252.
long island news, long island, missing person, long island news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school 52 min ago
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos