Long Island News
Nassau County Police Commissioner Thomas Dale ousted amid probe
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- Nassau County Executive Edward Mangano has removed Police Commissioner Thomas Dale after prosecutors determined he was involved in a politically connected case.
The move comes from a probe into whether Dale ordered officers to pull over a county bus and arrest a witness in October.
The District Attorney investigated and found no evidence of criminality.
" The investigation itself indicates a fresh look at internal procedures is warranted," Mangano said. "This approach is necessary to maintain the highest standards of police internal administration. New leadership sends a clear message that stringent administrative review and application is underway."
Mangano appointed Deputy County Executive for Public Safety Victor Politi to serve as Acting Police Commissioner during the transition.
long island news, long island, long island news
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 27 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 51 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt 14 min ago
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 24 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 47 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn;...
14 min ago