Long Island News
Nassau County Police Commissioner Thomas Dale ousted amid probe
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- Nassau County Executive Edward Mangano has removed Police Commissioner Thomas Dale after prosecutors determined he was involved in a politically connected case.
The move comes from a probe into whether Dale ordered officers to pull over a county bus and arrest a witness in October.
The District Attorney investigated and found no evidence of criminality.
" The investigation itself indicates a fresh look at internal procedures is warranted," Mangano said. "This approach is necessary to maintain the highest standards of police internal administration. New leadership sends a clear message that stringent administrative review and application is underway."
Mangano appointed Deputy County Executive for Public Safety Victor Politi to serve as Acting Police Commissioner during the transition.
long island news, long island, long island news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 13 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond 46 min ago
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 9 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas