Long Island News
Nassau County Police Commissioner Thomas Dale ousted amid probe
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- Nassau County Executive Edward Mangano has removed Police Commissioner Thomas Dale after prosecutors determined he was involved in a politically connected case.
The move comes from a probe into whether Dale ordered officers to pull over a county bus and arrest a witness in October.
The District Attorney investigated and found no evidence of criminality.
" The investigation itself indicates a fresh look at internal procedures is warranted," Mangano said. "This approach is necessary to maintain the highest standards of police internal administration. New leadership sends a clear message that stringent administrative review and application is underway."
Mangano appointed Deputy County Executive for Public Safety Victor Politi to serve as Acting Police Commissioner during the transition.
long island news, long island, long island news
- Nekisia Davis' mom, Cheryl, stole a 1993 Honda Accord - and she didn't even mean to. 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Burlington County woman charged with trying to kill her 3...
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 14 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 11 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos