Long Island News
Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
HUNTINGTON STATION -- A man is under arrest on Long Island on charges of hitting a pedestrian while driving drunk and then leaving the scene.
Police say 48-year old Alexander Thomas of Brooklyn was walking across New York Avenue in Huntington Station at about 4 a.m. Saturday when he was hit by a 1997 Nissan Sentra.
The driver of the Nissan, 21-year old Christian Pivaral of Huntington Station, allegedly fled the scene and was apprehended a short time later on New York Avenue.
Thomas was taken to Huntington Hospital with serious injuries.
Pivaral is charged with Leaving the Scene of an Incident Without Reporting Involving Serious Physical Injury and Driving While Intoxicated.
long island news, long island, huntington, dwi, hit and run accident, drunk driving, long island news
- Missing plane may have turned back 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 53 min ago
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour 6 min ago
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll 12 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
30 min ago