Long Island News
Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
HUNTINGTON STATION -- A man is under arrest on Long Island on charges of hitting a pedestrian while driving drunk and then leaving the scene.
Police say 48-year old Alexander Thomas of Brooklyn was walking across New York Avenue in Huntington Station at about 4 a.m. Saturday when he was hit by a 1997 Nissan Sentra.
The driver of the Nissan, 21-year old Christian Pivaral of Huntington Station, allegedly fled the scene and was apprehended a short time later on New York Avenue.
Thomas was taken to Huntington Hospital with serious injuries.
Pivaral is charged with Leaving the Scene of an Incident Without Reporting Involving Serious Physical Injury and Driving While Intoxicated.
long island news, long island, huntington, dwi, hit and run accident, drunk driving, long island news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 50 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 19 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
19 min ago