Long Island News
Puppy found in dumpster on Long Island
WEST ISLIP, LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- A 1-year-old dog has been rescued from a commercial dumpster in a New York suburb.
Amazingly the little Lhasa Apso was able to chew her way out of the plastic bags and a cardboard box.
"She wouldn't respond, we were tapping on the dumpster but she wouldn't respond," said James Luccisano.
Luccisano was the one who called police after his friend showed him the pup.
"The dog was found in two bags in a cardboard box in this corner of the dumpster," he said.
The dog is now recovering at the Islip Town Shelter. Detectives named her Noel.
Police scoured the gas station's surveillance camera footage and discovered not only one video but also video of the man inside the gas station just minutes before buying something.
So even though it is a holiday police are waiting by the phones for information about who this man is. If you know anything you're asked to call them.
The Suffolk County SPCA is offering a $2,000.00 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible.
long island news, long island, long island news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns 47 min ago
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing 29 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos