Long Island News
Christmas Eve delivery on Long Island; baby born in ambulance
GREAT NECK (WABC) -- Nassau County police and county ambulance workers helped deliver a special gift on Christmas Eve: a baby girl who was born on the way to the hospital.
Police say 40-year old Karen Hollander had gone into labor in a bank parking lot in Great Neck at about 5:15 p.m.
She called 911, and the arriving officers and ambulance technicians began transporting her to North Shore Manhasset Hospital while being escorted by a patrol car.
But the baby wouldn't wait: while en route to the hospital, the AMT's delivered the healthy baby girl, named Alexandra.
She is the first daughter for Karen Alexander and her husband Roger, who have four sons.
Karen was out shopping for a car seat for her new daughter when she started labor.
long island news, long island, baby, great neck, long island news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 53 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
58 min ago