Long Island News
Bullet fired into family's kitchen in Hempstead
HEMPSTEAD (WABC) -- Police say a bullet was fired into the kitchen of a home on Long Island early Sunday morning.
It happened at 12:30 a.m. on Baldwin Road in Hempstead.
Police say a 39-year old woman was inside the home with three other family members when they heard a loud noise and discovered a bullet had struck a picture on the wall in the kitchen.
Two of the family members, men ages 38 and 20, left the house and spotted a black colored vehicle traveling north on Baldwin Road.
Police say the men also observed two male blacks in white tee shirts flee on foot towards Windsor Parkway.
There were no injuries reported.
Detectives ask anyone with information to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
long island news, long island, hempstead, shooting, long island news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 19 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 2 min ago
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 38 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
19 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos