Long Island News
Melville fire leaves 1 dead
MELVILLE (WABC) -- One person was killed when a fast-moving fire tore through a home on Long Island late Sunday.
The flames broke out just before 10 p.m. at the house on New York Avenue in Melville.
It took firefighters about half an hour to get the blaze under control.
Investigators are looking into what caused the fire, and the arson squad was at the scene.
The victim has not yet been identified.
long island news, long island, melville, suffolk county news, fire, deadly fire, long island news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014