Long Island News
Melville fire leaves 1 dead
MELVILLE (WABC) -- One person was killed when a fast-moving fire tore through a home on Long Island late Sunday.
The flames broke out just before 10 p.m. at the house on New York Avenue in Melville.
It took firefighters about half an hour to get the blaze under control.
Investigators are looking into what caused the fire, and the arson squad was at the scene.
The victim has not yet been identified.
long island news, long island, melville, suffolk county news, fire, deadly fire, long island news
- 90-minute delays linger after LIRR service suspension 21 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash 57 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody 39 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures