Long Island News
Melville fire leaves 1 dead
MELVILLE (WABC) -- One person was killed when a fast-moving fire tore through a home on Long Island late Sunday.
The flames broke out just before 10 p.m. at the house on New York Avenue in Melville.
It took firefighters about half an hour to get the blaze under control.
Investigators are looking into what caused the fire, and the arson squad was at the scene.
The victim has not yet been identified.
long island news, long island, melville, suffolk county news, fire, deadly fire, long island news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard 21 min ago
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
34 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying...
21 min ago