Long Island News
Flavor Flav stopped for speeding, pot
MINEOLA -- State police say rapper Flavor Flav was ticketed for speeding and driving without a license en route to his mother's funeral in suburban New York.
The rapper, whose real name is William Drayton, was allegedly driving 79 mph in a 55 mph zone Thursday morning on the Meadowbrook Parkway.
Police say the Long Island native also had a small amount of marijuana, and had 16 suspensions on his license.
Police say he was released on an appearance ticket so he could attend the funeral for his mother, who died Dec. 31.
The rapper is due in court Jan. 28. The name of his attorney was not immediately available.
He was a member of Public Enemy, which was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last year.
long island news, long island, long island news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos