Long Island News
Freeport crash ends with car in store; 6 injured
FREEPORT (WABC) -- Six people were injured when a car crashed through a business on Long Island Thursday morning.
According to Freeport police, shortly after 9:00 a.m. a 1997 Toyota with three passengers attempted to avoid a large truck that was stopped legally in the north bound lane of the intersection of Henry Street and E Merrick Road. The truck was stopped legally, police said.
The 1997 Toyota, which was traveling southbound, changed lanes and struck a 2007 Hyundai driven by an Oceanside woman who was stopped at the red traffic light on E Merrick Rd. The 2007 Hyundai had one passenger.
The impact sent the 2007 Hyundai through the window of Prestige Tile and Granite. No one in the store was injured.
The drivers and passengers of both vehicles were taken to area hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the 1997 Toyota did receive summonses for unlicensed operation and other vehicle and traffic law violations.
long island news, long island, freeport, accident, long island news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday 27 min ago
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport 22 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Records: Man in movie theater shooting also was texting
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court 27 min ago
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday 47 min ago