Long Island News
Freeport crash ends with car in store; 6 injured
FREEPORT (WABC) -- Six people were injured when a car crashed through a business on Long Island Thursday morning.
According to Freeport police, shortly after 9:00 a.m. a 1997 Toyota with three passengers attempted to avoid a large truck that was stopped legally in the north bound lane of the intersection of Henry Street and E Merrick Road. The truck was stopped legally, police said.
The 1997 Toyota, which was traveling southbound, changed lanes and struck a 2007 Hyundai driven by an Oceanside woman who was stopped at the red traffic light on E Merrick Rd. The 2007 Hyundai had one passenger.
The impact sent the 2007 Hyundai through the window of Prestige Tile and Granite. No one in the store was injured.
The drivers and passengers of both vehicles were taken to area hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the 1997 Toyota did receive summonses for unlicensed operation and other vehicle and traffic law violations.
long island news, long island, freeport, accident, long island news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure 2 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- ObamaCare signups surpass 8 million mark 50 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet 24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos