Long Island News
Nassau County oil delivery drivers robbed
MINEOLA, N.Y. (WABC) -- At least four oil delivery drivers have been held up in a robbery string in Nassau County.
Police have released a sketch of one of the suspects in the robberies, the most recent of which took place at 8 a.m. Monday on Margaret Drive in Roosevelt.
Another was in Hempstead on January 14. According to detectives, after making phone arrangements to make a "Cash on Delivery" home heating oil drop, the 43 year old male victim who drove his oil truck to a Webster Avenue residence, was met by a man on the street who impersonated himself as the homeowner.
After engaging the victim in a conversation, police say another man approached, simulated that he was armed with a gun and removed the victim's wallet which contained an undisclosed amount of cash, credit cards and personal papers.
The victim only described one of the robbers as being black, 6' tall in his 30's, wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and black pants.
The other was observed wearing, what the victim described as being, new classic colored work boots. Both suspects then fled eastbound on Webster Avenue.
Another robbery took place on December 16th in Baldwin.
According to detectives, while making a home heating oil delivery for Slomin's Oil, his employer, the 49 year old male victim was approached by three men and was thrown to the ground. One of the subjects produced a handgun and pressed it to the back of his neck while stating, "Where's the money?"
The other suspect went through his pockets and removed an undisclosed amount of cash. They were last seen entering a newer model blue Chevrolet sedan and fled northbound on Linkwood Drive.
All three were described as being black, between 25-29 years old and all were wearing masks that covered their faces.
Detectives request anyone with information regarding the robberies to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
long island news, long island, nassau county news, robbery, long island news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem 26 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help 9 min ago
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 23 min ago
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Authorities continue to clear debris from...
31 min ago
- Group running NYC half-marathon to inspire,...
56 min ago