Long Island News
Reward increased after dog thrown out window on Long Island
MASTIC BEACH (WABC) -- The Suffolk County SPCA is now offering a $3,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for throwing a dog from the window of a moving car.
SPCA Chief Roy Gross says that the agency was contacted with a report that someone had tossed a pit bull out the window around 9 p.m. on February in the vicinity of the Mastic Beach Post Office.
A witness said that the dog, a friendly 3- or 4-year-old mix brindle and white male was thrown from the back sear driver's side window of a dark-colored 4-door pickup truck. After the dog hit the ground, it turned and ran toward the vehicle it was thrown from.
The witness stopped to see if the dog was okay, and it jumped into the witness' vehicle.
The dog was stressed, suffered head trauma and had healed scars on its face.
Also, the dog was wearing a black collar and is housebroken. It was treated by a veterinarian and returned to its owners.
"This is a blatant act of Animal Cruelty, and we will do everything we can to see that those responsible are apprehended," Gross said.
Anyone with information can contact the Suffolk County SPCA at 631-382-7722. All calls will be kept confidential.
long island news, long island, mastic beach, animal abuse, long island news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 28 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 40 min ago
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice 32 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos