Long Island News
Long Island teens arrested for drag race that ended in crash
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- Police arrested two teenagers after an alleged drag racing incident Friday ended in a crash on Long Island.
The cars smashed through a fence in the Suffolk County Village of Patchogue, knocking over a power pole, and finally stopping on front lawns.
Police arrested two teenagers after a drag racing incident ended in a crash on Long Island. No one was injured.
Police say Sefa Bayram, 18, of Patchogue, was driving a 2008 Mercedes Benz eastbound on Saxton Ave. and his vehicle struck a pole at 5:52 p.m.
He was racing Uzay Karakaya, 19, of Patchogue, who was driving a 2004 Nissan Maxima eastbound on Saxton Ave. and his vehicle struck a tree.
Both were arrested and charged with Unlawful Speed Contest and Reckless Driving.
long island news, long island, long island news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos