Long Island News
Long Island teens arrested for drag race that ended in crash
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- Police arrested two teenagers after an alleged drag racing incident Friday ended in a crash on Long Island.
The cars smashed through a fence in the Suffolk County Village of Patchogue, knocking over a power pole, and finally stopping on front lawns.
Police arrested two teenagers after a drag racing incident ended in a crash on Long Island. No one was injured.
Police say Sefa Bayram, 18, of Patchogue, was driving a 2008 Mercedes Benz eastbound on Saxton Ave. and his vehicle struck a pole at 5:52 p.m.
He was racing Uzay Karakaya, 19, of Patchogue, who was driving a 2004 Nissan Maxima eastbound on Saxton Ave. and his vehicle struck a tree.
Both were arrested and charged with Unlawful Speed Contest and Reckless Driving.
long island news, long island, long island news
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 29 min ago
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village