Long Island News
Long Island man accused of holding woman, teen for prostitution
LINDENHURST (WABC) -- A Lindenhurst man is under arrest on charges of holding a woman and a teenager against their will for prostitution.
Suffolk County Police executed a search warrant at a home on North Greene Avenue, and discovered a 15-year-old female, who had run away from home, and a 21-year-old female in the residence.
Police say the two were being held against their will by 35-year old Andy Gayot, who lived at the residence, and forced to engage in acts of prostitution.
"There was physical abuse, threats of force, intimidation, large amounts of narcotics to keep them more or less compliant," said Det. Lt. Robert Edwards of the Suffolk County Police.
Police say several other men live inside the house and knew about the girls but were not involved in their alleged prostitution.
Investigators say Gayot would advertise the girls services on social media and arrange a meeting place with interested parties.
"Gayot would drive them there. The girls would do the acts. All the money went to Andy Gayot," said Edwards.
It's unclear how Gayot initially met the girls but police say now they are in a safe location.
"They were a little hesitant at the beginning. Once we got them in here they were glad to be out from underneath this thing. Hopefully they can get their lives together," said Edwards.
Gayot was charged with Compelling Prostitution, three counts of Promoting Prostitution, Rape 3rd Degree, Criminal Sex Act 3rd Degree, Unlawful Imprisonment, Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd Degree, Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 4th Degree and other felony and misdemeanor charges.
long island news, long island, prostitution, long island news, kristin thorne
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate 51 min ago
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams