Los Angeles News
22-year-old bicyclist struck, killed by Metrolink train in Palmdale
PALMDALE, Calif. -- A young man was hit and killed by a Metrolink train in Palmdale on Saturday night.
The 22-year-old was hit at the Palmdale Boulevard crossing, near Sierra Highway. He was riding his bicycle across the tracks when the train struck him.
Witnesses say he was trying to beat the train. The train was headed to the Lancaster station.
More than 250 passengers were onboard. No one on the train was hurt.
The incident is under the investigation.
los angeles news
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 32 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe...
1 min ago